- Epidemiologic Catchment Area (ECA) survey-US 1984, appraisal 1987
- US National comorbidity survey (NCS) 1994 -many studies were published on this survey because data was archived in public domain 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Office of Population Censuses and Surveys (OPCS) UK-1993
- The Australian Mental Health survey 2001 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- World Mental Health (WMH 2000) Initiative by WHO Internal Consortium in Psychiatric Epidemiology 1999
- Common mental disorders in primarycare WHO study -1994
- systematic review of prevalence of schizophrenia 2005
- McGrath, J., Saha, S., Welham, J., El Saadi, O., MacCauley, C., and Chant, D. (2004). A systematic review of the incidence of schizophrenia: the distribution of rates and the influence of sex, urbanicity, migrant status and methodology. BMC Medicine,2, 13.
- Jablensky, A., Sartorius, N., Ernberg, G., Anker, M., Korten, A., Cooper, J. E., et al. (1992). Schizophrenia: manifestations, incidence and course in different cultures A World Health Organization Ten-Country Study. Psychological Medicine Monograph Supplement, 1, 1–97.
- WHO International consortium on psychiatric epidemiology 1998 (ACTA 2007)
- Global Burden of diseases study 2003 onwards to 2010
- World mental health survey initiative WHO and book with results
- Epidemiology of chronic health conditions.
- key study in epidemiology http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1073941/
- key study in epidemiology http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2145992
- history of epidemiology PLOS BLOG 2013
- It is not just about counting anymore 2005
- Need for a social-ecological systems perspective in epidemiology of chronic illnesses.
- ecosocial perspective
- micro vs macro-epidemiology
- social causation of disease
- concept of disease and its implications for psychiatry 1975
- Indian psychiatric epidemiological studies 2010
- Psychiatric epidemiology in India
- Prevalence of mental and behaviour disorders in India-1
- Prevalence of Mental Disorders in India -2
- Prevalence of mental illness in India 1970
Reporting crossectional observational studies in epidemiology (STROBE) guideline adherence.